Scratching my own funny bone for shits and giggles. Lampooning books, music and being a single woman over 40. Recording observations with an almost Seinfeldian obsession for the minutiae of life. Things can get sweary around here. You understand.

Friday, January 23, 2009

THE MAN SKIRT

I reckon it was all downhill for the female species the moment man put on a pair of pants. I was lazing about on the couch and channel surfing this afternoon when I stumbled upon Rob Roy on the movie channel. It was during that idyllic scene with his wife and children in the Scottish countryside. More specifically the part where Rob Roy explains what ‘honour’ means to his children and then the sex scene with Jessica Lange. Oh man. That scene does things to me. All that fresh air and green grass and rolling hillsides and wildflowers…oh and Liam Neeson reclining casually against a rock looking absolutely magnificent helps. His long, muscular legs stretched out before him. His wife’s hands snaking up his kilt to cop a feel and then taking him right there out in the open. Heavens to Murgatroid! Lucky wench! I wonder what it is about men in skirts? What is so alluring that causes women to openly goggle and behave just like the brothers? All I can say is that after watching Jessica Lange get it on with Liam Neeson this afternoon I am absolutely certain that it speaks to the primal cave woman within. I say the lads are a bit hard up should get themselves into a man skirt and start reaping the benefits. Not a Scotsman? So what? Go for it. Wear a toga if you must. Give your woman permission to release the inner predator within! Who invented damned pants anyway? Shy strawberry pickers? Cowboys with chaffing? Puritans hell-bent on coverage? I say bring back the man skirt and bring it back today! All those in favour say aye!

34 comments:

Dorrie said...

hm, what is so alluring? easy access! lol

hi Nat, I've been missing many of you... moah!

tonyzilla said...

There is something about kilts and male strippers, oh and cask wine that causes women to lose all inhibitions. Imagine what would happen if you combined all 3!

Lunamor said...

Ok, that does it. Off to put Rob Roy on my Netflix queue. I actually have my own personal Scotsman, but I don't think he's worn a kilt since he was a toddler.

Simon said...

The trouble is that it takes the right sort of bloke to pull it off – if you see what I mean.

Therbs said...

I'll wear one to the cricket today.
Sorry, that's a lie. I'll really be wearing shorts.
Its about 30 in the shade out there now and only gonna get hotter. A long woollen skirt wouldn't be pleasant.

chazfh said...

Welcome back young lady.

You do realise that trousers were invented by the scots as well? (or so they claim)

BeautysSymphony said...

Yippeee you are back!! My guy wears a man skirt, I have been discreetly begging to see him put it on ;)

BeautysSymphony said...

Rob Roy did have the finest knees

Knifeboy said...

I have one but rarely have occasion to put it on.

Steve said...

You know who invented pants? Probably Vikings, tired of freezing their nards off.

Nat, I know why the outdoor sex scene is so appealing....it shows people rolling around on the grass without fear of giant ants or taipans crawling along and biting you.

colin said...

You know I'm a fan of The Kilt, and heavens don't the girlies like it too! I got married in one, have worn one at other times and always attracted attention. I think you suggested the 'easy access' thing previously Nat!

And the outdoor shagging thing sounds pretty appealing too...but I don't think Liam Neeson is quite my type.

colin said...

^theat was me aka bondiboy66^ fuggit.

Steve said...

Hey Nat, I'm watching The Daily Show right now....Liam Neeson is on tonight!

Of course, I doubt he'll be wearing his kilt.

Kimmywoo said...

Aye!

yankeedog said...

Hoot mon! An' what's wrong wi' a mon wearin' the clan tartan, then?

Steve said...

Och, iss OK fer a weddin', but the lads at the gym would like ye to put some shorts on, yeah?

Simon said...

I can see I shall have to repost my old JS entry ‘Men in skirts’, illustrating some of the negative aspects of wearing kilts, or at least of wearing kilts with nothing under them.

Timbook2 said...

I'd have no problem wearing a kilt. I'm as Irish looking as they come, but I think I could pass for a Scotsman. :)

Steve said...

I think Dickbar should also repost his entry about wearing kilts. He was very serious about that subject.

LadyFury said...

I'm imagining Gerard Butler, another fine specimen of a Scotsman, in a kilt right now. I need to go ravage my husband who THANKFULLY wears NADA under his britches! AYE AYE AYE!

Fitzgerald said...

I loved the movie, and the scene with Jessica Lang and Tim Roth, made the ending worth it all. Tim Roth's character got what he deserved.

Havock21 said...

Not sure about you lot ( fems), but they are kinda comfy to wear, assuming its not fucking freezing and blowing or 40 C in the shade

Idoru said...

So ... a weak pound and Homecoming thing ... y'know, you should be doing the Tourist Boards job ...

Idoru said...

... and maybe then I'll buy n wear a kilt!

Moko 2.0 said...

Men in skirts eh?...

This is ... ummm ... just a random post ... eh?.

It's not like you were ... ummm ... in the ... valley ... ahem ... last ... ummm ... weekend eh?.

YsambartCourtin said...

I own a kilt, and three sets of bases, which are essentially a waistcoat/ kilt combo. I love them so. And I won best costume at a recent Austin Powers fancy dress ball as "fat bastard" wearing a kilt. It was awesome fun.

Bangar said...

Must say a kilt is on the list of things I'd to do one day.

abefrellman said...

Heya Nat.

Must admit I've never been tempted to don the man-skirt.

Pantyhose, yes. Kilts, no.

robinbbiosciencewino said...

I have no problems with the manskirt but I draw the line at the bagpipe. That is just wrong

Steve said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the bagpipe. Although, it does tend to make one think of police and firefighter funerals, but as long as the piper stays away from "Amazing Grace," you're OK.

The accordion is a MUCH bigger scourge on society. Unless of course its powers are being used for good (i.e. German Polka).

Idoru said...

No. Bagpipes are evil. I say that as a True Scot. I used to live near someone who taught the damn things ...

Folk music, in general, is evil.No matter what it's played on.

Steve said...

Well yeah, if exposed 24/7 to any instrument you can grow to hate it. I'm sure many Aussies feel the same about the didgeridoo, and the Swiss may dislike the Swiss horn. But, it's also a fact that folk music often makes the best music to accompany a good solid drinking session.

jeromehej said...

Hello,

I'm a man who wears skirts and you can visit my informations website about skirts for men and men wearing skirts : http://men.jupe-skirt.info

See you soon.

Jérôme

jeromehej said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Tell me something I don't already know :D